Friday, March 28, 2008

Home Wasn't Built in a Day




Or 4 months for that matter. Greetings to all perusers of the Bonehead News! Spring time is definitely here as we head into nearly seventy degree weather. Except for those couple of days where it snowed. Darn global warming!

Anyway things at the dirt farm are blowing along just fine. Marcus keeps sneaking out of his room at night to go have sleepovers with various brothers and insists on brushing my teeth in the morning. He even tells me, "Fronts" and "Bite" and if I do what he says he'll say, "Good Dad!" The only problem is, when we're done I look like I tried to brush my teeth during a serious earthquake.

Parker took 3rd place in the district pinewood derby. This was his first time doing a car and yes, he did most of it. I cut out the shape but he did the rest. He's very proud. He even got a trophy! The dads who took first and second should be so proud!

Alexander the Great is learning lots in school and earned the title "Party in a can" from me, and boy has he earned it. Like at 11pm when I go in his room to check on him and find Sir Swaree playing games on my cell phone complete with food tray and dinosaurs. He just started baseball and is doing great, exept he keeps trying to tag people out with his back end. Not only does it not work, it's extremely funny to watch.

Josh has officially stolen the gamer's crown from me by soundly beating me at every game that I own. But I guess that's ok because I'm still taller.

And now to explain the title of todays edition. You know, several people have told me that building a home always take longer and cost more than you're prepared for. I would like to add my voice to this and proclaim that building a home is downright traumatic! During the process we've adopted a slogan which seems to fit the experience nicely: (to be said your best NY accent) "that's gonna cost ya". Were almost afraid to answer the phone anymore. It has been a very exciting process and I will be posting pics real soon. The biggest setback was actually getting the house ONTO the foundation. That is a story in and of itself, so I'll save it for later.

That's all the news from the desk here at Bonehead Central so until next time, buy a tent. It's cheaper.

No comments: